Curb-Sider - What is it?
This easy to use product lifts and stores your unoccupied scooter or powerchair inside your vehicle at the touch of a button. Simply connect the docking device, push a button on the hand-held pendant, and let your Curb-Sider do the heavy lifting for you! The Curb-Sider is the world's most popularvehicle lift (over 50,000 sold).
- Fully Powered - Makes lifting and storing your scooter or powerchair inside your vehicle virtually effortless (400 lb/181 kg lifting capacity or 250 lb/113 kg version also available - VSL-6000 only)
- Offset Arm Design - Allows lifting/lowering behind, at the rear corner of, or on the side of the vehicle (near the rear wheel)
- Fold-down Lift Head allows partial third row seating access (where applicable) or cargo space and improved driver visibility when mobility device is not present (requires optional quick release pins)
- Standard Powered Telescoping Lift Head extends to clear vehicle bumper, then retracts to fit mobility device inside vehicle (VSL-6900 only)
- Bruno’s Back-Off™ backrest removal device allows someone to lift off the backrest part of the mobility device seat, allowing it to fit into shorter vehicle openings without having to remove the entire seat! Available for many different scooters and powerchairs.
- Can be powered by the vehicle's battery or the optional Bruno Pow'rPac (a self-contained power supply that is charged through the vehicle's power port). Allows unit operation even if vehicle battery is inoperable. Recommended for hybrid vehicles with small accessory batteries.
- Docking device for your mobility device is included at no charge
- Available for passenger or driver side of vehicle
- Safe/Reliable - lifecycle and strength tested beyond industry standards
- No structural modifications to your vehicle - can be easily removed for vehicle resale
- Can reinstall on your next vehicle
- Works with minivans, SUVs, crossovers, pickup trucks and full-size vans (dealer must confirm compatibility with your vehicle)
- Hundreds of custom, vehicle-specific mounting kits are available for an extra clean and precise installation
- Sales, installation and service provided by our factory-trained worldwide network of dealers
- Bruno Turning Automotive Seating™ (TAS™) complements your vehicle lift for a total mobility solution
- Up to $1200 is available to help pay for a Curb-Sider lift through Mobility Reimbursement Programs
Important Note: Confirm all applications with an authorized dealer
To use this lift, the consumer (end user or attendant) must be physically able to do the following:
- Walk from the front to the rear of the vehicle and vice versa.
- Stand for two to three minutes.
- Have adequate balance and strength to attach the docking device. This may require bending over and reaching downward as well as having good hand dexterity
- Hold down a button on a hand-held pendant while gently guiding the mobility device as it is rotated into the vehicle by the lift.
- Fold down the seat back and/or tiller of the mobility device, or remove the seat back using the Back-Off device, if applicable.
- In vehicles with limited opening height such as SUVs or where the seat back is higher than the vehicle opening height, the customer must be able to remove the mobility device seat or use a seat assist option (if available).
- If using the fold-down lift head option, have the ability to remove/install a quick release pin and raise/lower the lift head (requires 7 lb of force)