Save Money Using a Certified Mobility Equipment Dealer
Some people with disabilities may think that any vehicle can be converted for their unique needs. They buy a car, van, truck or SUV and are surprised that it can't be modified at all. You can't just return that vehicle to a dealership and get your money back.
To save money and grief, start with a professional mobility equipment dealer because they know which vehicles can be converted.
These professionals also specialize in accessing clients’ needs, and will determine which vehicle fits your individual needs based on many factors, like wheelchair or scooter size and your unique disabilities.
Ideally, you should contact a mobility expert and discuss your needs for a vehicle even before
purchasing a wheelchair or scooter. If you already own a wheelchair (or scooter), tell your dealer if you plan on getting a different one.
Reasons to consult with a qualified mobility equipment dealer:
- Mobility experts, driver evaluators or occupational therapists will interview you to determine your equipment needs and give you a list of specific vehicle and adaptive equipment recommendations.
- They make sure the vehicle you want is sound enough structurally to be modified, as not all are engineered to take conversion.
- They will ensure the vehicle, with adaptive equipment, has been crash-tested to meet or exceed government safety standards. (It must meet Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards.)
- They provide a local link to qualified service and repair, as it is vital to have a modified vehicle serviced by a certified mobility dealer due to its adaptive equipment.
- Many will bring the vehicle to your home or place of work for you to test drive it.
It only makes sense. Save money. Less frustration. Get the expert advice of a professional before you buy. A Quality Assurance Program (QAP) dealer through the National Mobility Equipment Dealer Association guarantees the highest quality in sales and service.
Agor Enterprises provides and designs vehicle and in home mobility solutions making the world accessible for people with disabilities. Agor Enterprises is a member of NMEDA and is QAP certified. Agor Enterprises is committed to providing the highest standard of safety and service in the industry. Built on the principal that dedication, service to the customer, and quality are paramount in running a successful business, Agor Enterprises continues to be a leader in customized solutions for the physically challenged. Agor Enterprises has also equipped golf carts, lawn mowers, tractors, and houses with various adaptive devices. We continue to welcome challenges to provide solutions that enable independence.